COVID Safety at Sleeman
Brisbane Aquatic Centre and Sleeman Sport complex is now open however masks are mandatory indoors
Operations update: Tuesday, 6 April 2021
In line with current Queensland Government COVID-19 restrictions masks must be worn indoors and outdoors when social distancing in not possible. This includes wearing masks in the Brisbane Aquatic Centre when not swimming. For more information please visit .
BRISBANE AQUATIC CENTRE
In order to comply with COVID-19 Health Directives and align with our Site Specific COVID Safe Plan, there will be some changes to Aquatic Centre processes and your experience – these are outlined below.
What you need to know - new conditions for use:
- Masks must be worn at all time when outside of the pool - unless undertaking strenuous exercise.
- General public will only be permitted during designated public access periods – click here to view the timetable.
- Our pools are subject to patron capacity limits set out by our COVID Safe Plan – admission and lanes will be made available on a first in, first served basis.
- All pool users will be required to sign in and out via QR Code on their smartphone - providing minimum contact details including full name, email, phone number, date and time of patronage and pool visited. Please note: Customer Service Staff can sign you in manually if you do not own a smartphone
- Normal entry fees apply
- No cash will be accepted on site – entry fees must be paid using EFTPOS facilities
- 20 Pool Visit and 10 Class Visit passes will be accepted.
- One parent/guardian/carer will be allowed to attend for the purpose of supervising if required, however this will be determined in consideration of the total number of people permitted in the venue.
- Showers, change rooms and toilets are open however we’d ask that use is kept to a minimum.
- Stay at home if you are in any way unwell, or are suffering from cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Download the COVID-Safe App to assist with more efficient and complete contact tracing.
PACE AT SLEEMAN
Pace at Sleeman is open and operating in line with the latest COVID-19 restrictions. All patrons are advised that mask wearing is mandatory while exercising indoors in our fitness centre or any of our classes unless undertaking strenuous exercise.
For more information regarding Pace access please .
OTHER SLEEMAN FACILITIES
MAsk wearing is mandatory indoors and outdoors should social distancing not be possible.
For information regarding your specific sport, club or event please contact your club or sporting body for further information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The Indoor 50m and 25m Pools are open to the public. Please note: the outdoor 50m pool and the dive pool are operational, however subject to availability. Please check with Customer Service Staff when on site or via phone: 07 3131 9680
- Puddleducks Childcare centre is open - when picking up and dropping off children parents and guardians are to maintain social distancing at entry points and are not to enter child play areas.
- The Aquatic Café is open from 8.00am – 1.00pm Monday to Friday for hot tea, coffee and a limited menu. If sitting within the café area you will be required to provide your contact details.
- PACE at Sleeman: Individuals looking to participate in a casual fitness class at PACE at Sleeman will be required to purchase a 10 visit pass. Patrons will need to register with the mywellness fitness application and use the mobile application to pre-book gym classes.
Note: The Waterslide is closed and the School Holiday inflatable activities are currently not running.
Pool space will be allocated on a first come, first served basis during designated public swimming times. If you are a group of more than 15 it is recommended that you call our reception 07 3131 9680 to book in a time.
Our pools are subject to capacity limits – in the event that we are at capacity you will be required to wait outside the Aquatic Centre until space is available.
There is no time limit to your swim within the regular operating hours, however other pool bookings may impact on your session. Please check with reception regarding pool availability and restriction
Yes! In line with current Queensland Government requirements, when indoors and outdoor where social distancing is not possible you must wear a mask unless undertaking strenuous exercise.
For information regarding the Queensland Government mask requirements please visit their website.
There is also no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 can be spread through properly treated pool water.
The Sleeman Sports Complex is fully compliant with Queensland Health’s Water Quality Guidelines for Public Aquatic Facilities. We implement a multi barrier approach to protect water quality and reduce pathogen risk that includes primary and secondary disinfection procedures. We complete water quality testing every 4 hours in addition to using an external water chemistry contractor who completes daily testing.
All pool users will be required to sign in and out via QR Code on their smartphone - providing minimum contact details including full name, email, phone number, date and time of patronage and pool visited. Please note: Customer Service Staff can sign you in manually if you do not own a smartphone
You will be permitted to swim in all pools currently open to the public, subject to availability. Please check the daily timetable for Pool Times.
Yes, you can access the shower and changing facilities located in the pool where you are swimming. Please do not access changing rooms for other areas and please keep your use of the facilities brief.
You will notice the venue staff performing more regular cleaning of high touch point areas and changing room spaces.
You will see lifeguards providing information and advice to encourage social distancing around the venue.
Some spaces will be restricted to a maximum number of people- as indicated by signage at the entry to these spaces. When a space is at capacity you will be required to wait outside until space becomes available.
Hand sanitiser will be made available in common areas and we encourage all patrons to shower before their swim using soap and warm water.
Yes, the Aquatic Café is open from 8.00am – 1.00pm Monday to Friday for hot tea, coffee and a limited menu.
If sitting within the café area you will be required to provide your contact details.
Entry fees remain $5.80 for Adults and $4.80 for Concession.
These must be paid via contactless payment methods as NO CASH is accepted at this time.
Locker access is currently not available.
Anyone wishing to participate in a casual fitness class will be required to purchase a 10 class visit pass or membership to PACE Fitness. As you will be required to pre-book your class visits using the mywellness app – please contact PACE at Sleeman for more details.